Accessibility statement for nest.gov.wales and Partner Portal app
This accessibility statement applies to nest.gov.wales and its Partner Portal app.
This website and Partner Portal app is run by Orchard Media and Events Group Limited. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website and Partner Organisations to use the app. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible the website and partner portal app are
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
We know some parts of the Partner Portal app that are not fully accessible:
- On the Welsh version of the app the text is bridging two lines making it not fully accessible. This is currently being addressed
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
Call: 0808 808 2244
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 3 days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, please call or email us for directions nest.gov.wales/en/contact-us/
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Our office is currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Find out how to contact us by visiting nest.gov.wales/en/contact-us/ or call 0808 808 2244.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Orchard Media and Events Group Limited is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 – Level AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
The majority of Level A issues within the site relate to:
- The heading structure used within pages
- Alternative text on images
- Correctly marking up quotations
- No mechanism for users of screen readers and other assistive technologies to bypass the header section of pages
Many of these issues are shared between pages due to the common header and footer used.
Level AA conformance means a site complies with all Level A and Level AA success criteria.
Level AA issues within the site include:
- Insufficient contrast between text and the background
- Some links not showing a focus indicator when the user is using a keyboard rather than a mouse to navigate around a page
Navigation and accessing information
Navigation and accessing information is covered in the compliance with the accessibility regulations section.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our older PDFs do not meet accessibility standards. For example, they may not be structured to be accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2.
Some of our PDFs are essential to providing our services. We plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are working with developers to achieve full compliance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standards. A refreshed Nest website is set to be launched by the end of 2021, with another accessibility test to be undertaken on the website to ensure it meets AA standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on August 20 2021. It was last reviewed on August 20 2021.
This website was last tested on October 29 2020. The test was carried out by Connect Internet Solutions Limited.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test
You can read the full accessibility test report https://nest.gov.wales/workspace/uploads/files/welshgov_nest_accessibilityaud-611f9a64241ee.pdf
How can Nest help?
We offer a range of free, impartial advice and, if you are eligible, a package of free home energy efficiency improvements such as a new boiler, central heating or insulation.