You could be eligible for free home energy efficiency improvements if:
- You own or privately rent your home (not from a local authority or housing association)
- You or someone you live with receives a means tested benefit
- Your home is energy inefficient and expensive to heat (equivalent to an E, F or G energy efficiency rating)
The means tested benefits that qualify are:
- Child Tax Credit (income below £16,105 a year)
- Council Tax Reduction (exemption and discount do not qualify on their own)
- Housing Benefit
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit (income below £16,105 a year)
If you are eligible, we will recommend a package of energy efficiency improvements at no cost to you. They will make your home warmer and save you money on your energy bills.
Our expert advisors will ask you some questions about your property and the benefits you receive, so please make sure you have your benefit award letter and, if applicable, your landlord details to hand when you make the call.
“The installation process took 4 to 5 weeks from start to finish and was very easy. I would recommend Nest as we were struggling to buy a central heating on our pension. Nest gave us a lifeline and now we have a warm home.” Resident of Towyn, Conwy
How can Nest help?
We offer a range of free, impartial advice and, if you are eligible, a package of free home energy efficiency improvements such as a new boiler, central heating or insulation.