How can Nest help?
Welsh Government Warm Homes, which includes the Nest scheme, provides funding for energy efficiency improvements to low income households and those living in deprived communities across Wales.
It supports the Welsh Government’s commitments to:
- reduce climate change
- help eradicate fuel poverty
- boost economic development and regeneration in Wales
The scheme considers a whole house approach to home energy efficiency improvements. This helps to tackle harder to treat homes where the impact of fuel poverty tends to be most severe.
Advice for everyone
If you’re worried about your energy bills, call us and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They can offer free and impartial advice on:
- Saving energy and water
- Money management
- Making sure you’re on the best energy and water tariff
- Whether you are entitled to any benefits to boost your income
Call Freephone 0808 808 2244
or request a call back using our online form.
Free home energy efficiency improvements
Is your home hard to heat? You could be eligible for home energy efficiency improvements at no cost to you.
We install free boilers, central heating systems and insulation to help households on low incomes to keep warm and reduce the cost of their energy bills.
You could be eligible for free energy efficiency improvements if:
- You own your home or rent from a private landlord (not Council or Housing Association)
- Your home is energy inefficient and expensive to heat
- You or someone you live with receives a means tested benefit OR has a chronic respiratory, circulatory or mental health condition and an income below defined thresholds (full health based criteria information is available here)
If you are eligible, we will recommend a package of energy efficiency improvements at no cost to you. They will make your home warmer and save you money on your energy bills.
Our advisors will ask you some questions about your property and the benefits you receive, so please make sure you have your benefit award letter and, if applicable, your landlord details to hand when you make the call.